Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I haven't abandoned the blog yet!


One of many cups for the show
     
     Well I know it has been fifty days since my last post; however, I intend on being more active with the blog from here on out. Since the silence that began October 2nd, I have come across a lot of things worth writing about. 
     
     First off, (drumroll please) I have thrown and fired all the work for my B.F.A. Exhibition which opens in eight days. I did not think it was possible to finish any major task ahead of time, but I managed to surprise myself (and everyone else I'm sure) by finishing over a week early. I am very pleased with how all of the work turned out and will be showing a series of twenty seven of the nicest plates, fifteen to twenty yunomis, and six large vases. I really look forward to seeing everyone that can make it at the Schneider Gallery on November 29th, 2012 from 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM.
     
     One of my favorite places to fire is down in Bardstown, KY, with my good friend Matt Gaddie. It's always such a relaxing time to get away from the hectic studio life up here in Louisville. We fired up his kiln in mid/late October, and despite the loss of a lot of yunomis off the bagwall, I was pleasantly surprised by how everything turned out. Although the entire firing process is enjoyable, I think my favorite part this time was eating yum-yums while working the 6:00 AM shift with Matt and Ali. Conclusion: donuts are good for wood firing... 
Early morning yum-yums
     
     Every year I tell myself I want to make a better effort to enter juried exhibitions across the country, and this year I finally managed to get my act together and send off some entries. Even though I did not get into the Archie Bray: Beyond the Brickyard Exhibition, I was fortunate enough to get a yunomi and saucer set into the 5th Annual Form and Function International Cup Exhibition in Panama City, FL and all three yunomi and saucer entries into the Cups of Comfort International Cup Exhibition in Terre Haute, IN. There are a lot more juried exhibition opportunities coming up this winter/spring so keep your fingers crossed that I can keep the hot streak going.



     Last but not least- in no way did I forget about posting random photos at the end of every babbling article...
What do we have here?

No comments:

Post a Comment